Today I had my follow-up Doctor’s appointment for my heart. I had SVT (Supraventricular tachycardia). I ended up having a heart oblation (surgery) three weeks ago. I passed with flying colors and all restrictions have been lifted. Yeh!
Today Van wasn’t feeling well and hadn’t been able to read the Book of Mormon. He told me one day to just open the Book of Mormon over top of him and let the spirit of the book out. So that is what I did tonight. I know he’ll be blessed.
This is the official picture that will go up on the Leukemia board on the 8th floor of LDS Hospital.
While at work I "listen" to the Book of Mormon. The church website has all the scriptures as well as the Ensign and other magazines and talks in MP3 (audio) format. They can be downloaded to a computer and then to an MP3 player to listen to. Maybe that is something you can do for Van. I know it brings me great strength during the day. If you need help, including purchasing an MP3 player, please let me know.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you. We are praying for you.
Travis Mathews
208-538-7402 Home
208-526-7181 Work
God bless both of you. I can't imagine the toll this taking on each of you, it must make you so tired. You are always in my prayers that God will bless you with the strength you need to handle whatever comes your way.
ReplyDeleteSending my love,
Michelle Osborn Keller
Van and Wendy- I have an ipod sitting around here that NOBODY is using. I'll put the mp3 BOM on it and have Cheri get it to you. Hang in there everyone! Great news, Wendy, about your heart doing well!
ReplyDeleteThe part you put about "Nobody understood . . ." Somebody did. He knows Van's pain!
ReplyDeleteI was looking over my scripture journal and fittingly, found notes from two talks from Van.
The first was a talk given in the adult session of Stake Conference Mar 2006. Van spoke about marriage and asked us all "Is your marriage cutting it?" One of the scriptures he mentioned was D&C 121:40-41, but this is how Van applied it to marriage: "No power or influence can or ouht to be maintained by virtue of my marriage, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness and love unfiegned."
Van and Wendy, you exemplify this teaching well! Thank you for applying it so the rest of us can learn from it!
The second talk was from Girls' Camp 2006. Van's topic was to "Come Ye That Are Heavy Laden." Remember Van, you brought an yoke of an oxen? You compared that yoke to the Savior's Atonement. I put down two points from your testimony for me to remember: 1) His yoke fits ME! 2) His yoke allows me to go THROUGH trials with His help.
Our prayers are with you. I know that He knows your pain. He is the ONLY one who does! But there is comfort in KNOWING that He knows!
FABULOUS PICTURE--if it gets covered up, take a "new" one and post it BACK on the board! (And if you cover up a little red? well...so BYU it! =)
ReplyDeleteLove you both,
Libby