Van having his Lumbar Puncture and getting Chemo in his spine.
We started with the Chemo from 6-8:00 this morning and it all went very well. We just took it easy today while I made phone calls and took care of business. This afternoon they did a lumbar puncture and put Chemo in Van’s spine because they aren’t taking any chances. He has to lay flat for four hours so he won’t get a spinal headache. Then from 6-8:00 tonight he’ll have another dose of Chemo. This will be repeated every 12 hours for the next four days. He is in great spirits and everything seems to be going well.

Van and Wendy, thank you so much for keeping this blog updated. Sara and I check it every evening. You are an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteHank Smith
Oh, I wish I could follow this while I'm gone! Perhaps I'll have my mom read it and give me updates... hmmm. :)
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to all of you, and God be with you.
If it would be of any interest or cheer (maybe), you're welcome to follow my mission blog as you have time or inclination.
http://sistersteinergonetotexas.blogspot.com
As always: thanks for all you do and are. I'm guessing that sometimes you don't feel like an inspiration, but you are, and always have been (whether you feel/felt like it or not =)!
ReplyDeleteYou're always in our prayers and thoughts...we bleed blue, too--nice "update" to the blog, though it did throw me for a loop "finding it" on my google account!
Love and hugs,
Libby
PS KEEP TAKING BLUE PICTURES! =)
You guys have no idea how many hundreds and hundreds of people that are reading your blog!!! You ought to put a "counter" on it to see how many hits you get. It would be fun. You are an AMAZING family. I have learned more about you from the blog than I have the couple of years you have lived across the street. Keep up the good work. Love you all. Peggy and Marty
ReplyDelete