We went back for our out-patient appointment this morning and after seeing how much pain Van was in, which was a whopping 10, they quickly gave him some Toradol through his I.V. and realized they needed to admit him. We are in room E806. The Coordinator was joking with me and was wondering if we were trying out all the rooms to see which one we liked. Really this is only our third room.
Van’s sister JoLyn came to stay with him for 3 hours today and let me go and do whatever I wanted to. Where do you think I went? Some of you are right, IKEA!! I love just wondering around that store. Some of you know that is how my house is decorated in a modern, clean, fun way. It’s fun to get ideas and think about them. I haven’t been in a store like that to wander in for over two months. When I returned, Van didn’t even miss me (just kidding) because JoLyn gave him back rubs because of his spams. It was really helping him relax.
The Pain Management Team came to see Van tonight because the first pain medicine in his pain pump did not work for his body. He was on two different pain medicines, two pain patches, nausea medicine and now a pain pump – and all this didn’t give him relief. So they have decided to put Diloted in the pain pump, add a heating pad and keep Toradol going around the clock. He has oxygen on and they are closely monitoring him (it’s hard to remember to breathe when you are sedated this much).
The only time Van woke up today was when he was in tremendous pain. But right before I left he woke up and actually talked. I kept kissing him and telling him how great it was to see him today. He’s pretty handsome bald, don’t you think? I bought us hot fudge sundaes tonight so we could have a date night. I know it’s only Wednesday, but I couldn’t wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment