Monday, February 15, 2010

One day at a time


There was a time when Van wondered if he would ever like food again but today food is beginning to have an appeal.   Van ate a large cheeseburger and fries all by himself today and kept it down!  He’s also receiving half of a dose of TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrician) with all the vitamins, protein, etc.  going in through his I.V. (It looks like a milkshake).     I can tell he is getting stronger and feeling better because he is starting to tease the nurses.  Our motto is “One day at a time”.    We’ll see what new adventure tomorrow brings.

Tip:  I just learned how you can see the blog at full screen or a lot larger.  Firefox users:  if you have a mouse with a scroll button, hold down the control key and scroll your mouse button and your screen will go larger.   Internet Explorer users:  On the bottom right of your screen there is an arrow that you can increase the font/screen size. 

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that he is eating again, for the time being. I hope it stays that way and keeps getting better!! One day at a time, that is all you can do, I hope tomorrow is a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, keep those cheeseburgers and fries coming!! I remember those are the "only" things I wanted to eat during chemo so I identify totally. Hang in there, you are both awesome. Praying for you every day.
    love, glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's another: "Inch by inch, it's a cinch!"
    Okay...that probably doesn't apply here, but on the other hand, every day is a step forward, a step closer to full recovery and being home and living a fabulously "normal" life!

    Congrats on the cheeseburger: this is DEFINITELY one time in your life that you do NOT have to worry about the calories you're consuming--so eat up, you lucky =) guy!!!

    Hugs and prayers,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca eats all of her meals "milkshake" style, too! ;) I'm so glad there's a way to get all that good stuff into him!

    ReplyDelete