The good news is the doctors gave us permission to go home for a few hours today to see our family. But the bad news is they have decided to start the full blown Chemo tomorrow for the next seven days! Yuk! Let me explain why. The Doctors don’t trust that this new medicine is working efficiently or as quickly as they would like in order to keep the Leukemia under control. Since this new medicine doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier, they are afraid that the Leukemia might be hiding out in the central nervous system as well. They feel that if they do the Chemo that it will give Van a better chance for survival long term. He will have seven days of Chemo, then a week of recovery in the hospital to get his counts back up, then possibly a week a home until the next phase. This cycle goes four times until transplant. It's nice to know there is a strategy and a plan.
We think we figured out why a lot of people were having a hard time posting on our blog. So please feel free to try again.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a former student of Brother Heder's and my parents still live just down the street from your home. I know that the prayers of my family in Tooele are with you, joined together with those of my own little family. I, like Nicole, am a cosmetologist and love the new 'do! :) Thank you for fantastic memories of seminary days gone by! Your light is being shone near and far through this blog. Isn't technology wonderful? Thank you for sharing this journey!
ReplyDeleteOh Heder family you never cease to astound me. You are so amazing in your example and faith. I stumbled across your blog the other and teared up about how strong you guys are. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Please let me know if I can help in any way at all!
ReplyDeleteLove always,
Erin Bryan
Van (Bro. Heder) You and your family are in my prayers as well. May the Lord continue to bless you with a positive attitude and the strength to endure. Maybe a little "Magna Water" would help... it does help miracles happen :) Take care. Karol Anderson
ReplyDeleteYou are both amazing, I've fallen in love with you Wendy, you have such an uplifting voice on this blog. My best to you Van, your journey with chemo is much different than mine for sure but I can certainly identify with you in some ways. Courage and on through this battle, then to Montana for fresh air.
ReplyDeletelove, glenda
ps I will appear as anonymous but I'm really not
The good news is your faith is strong. We add our daily prayers to that powerful beam of light in your behalf. Remember our family is a part of your great fan club. We love you.
ReplyDeleteMom & Dad Poole