Saturday, February 27, 2010

An Answer to Prayer

Last night I was able to go (without Van) with President Ashby and his wife to a Night with a General Authority” provided for all the Seminary Teachers (full and part-time) and their spouses. President Eyring said a lot of wonderful things but his talk was based on the theme: To strengthen our commitment and ability to bless the youth. He said we have 40,000 teachers in over 100 countries teaching the youth at this time. He also told us four things we need to succeed:


1. We must qualify to have the spirit
2. We must receive understanding through the spirit to teach
3. Live the gospel so we know by the spirit what to teach
4. Teach the gospel in a simple purity. Not our own… Plus many other wonderful principles.

Today, Van accomplished his goal of speaking in Stake Conference at the Priesthood Session. He rested this morning so he would have the strength in his legs to stand and talk for 15 minutes. I drove him to the Stake Center just minutes before he was to speak. He had to wear gloves, a mask (until it was time to speak), and I had to wipe the podium and microphone down with hospital sanitizing wipes. Then they had to take him out as soon as he was finished speaking. He was weak and shaky at the beginning, but the spirit came and strengthened him so he was able to finish strong and communicated the message the Lord wanted him to give. The Lord worked miracles so this could happen today. It was an answer to all of our prayers.
Another brother (Quinn) joins Van's Fan Club!

Tonight when we got home I asked him if he wanted to change his clothes and get out of his suit?  He said, I don't really want to because I miss my clothes.  It was so cute that he really wanted more than anything to stay in a suit and tie.  I think he would have slept in it if he didn't have to wear it again tomorrow.

2 comments: