Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Van in one hospital; Wendy going to another.

{Wendy mumbling with slurred speech lying flat on her back on the bed and Nancy (her sister) translating with an urim and thummim.}

Van is stable in the hospital. He was very dehydrated after throwing up from the chemo. They gave him powerful nausea medicine, a blood transfusion, more antibiotics and are meeting as a team of doctors to discuss his future. At this point, they think they may spread his chemo treatments 8-9 days apart instead of 7 days. They will teach me how to give him IV fluid so I can administer that at home. He is in better spirits and will be there at least through tomorrow. My parents are with Van at the hospital and Van’s parents are at home with me.

I have been taken off my medicine that keeps my heart from racing. I can’t get excited, so I lie flat to keep me calm and relaxed as possible. I only have three hours left until I can take my last sleeping pill which will keep me calm until my surgery. My mom will take me to surgery at 6:00 AM tomorrow morning. It is a one day heart surgery (ablation procedure). They say I will be sore and can’t lift anything for two weeks. I should be able to resume normal activities the next day.

I am counting down the hours to be with Van again.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, all I can think to say THIS time is that it is very obvious that neither set of parents can remember which of you is actually theirs--and that's a GREAT thing! You two are amazing...individually and together.... If prayers offered on earth could be seen from the heavens, I think there'd be a solid beam of light from here to there as visible evidence of the many people who love and care about both of you.

    A light will definitely continue to shine from our house...

    Love as always,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are sure going through it! Wendy, my mother had the heart procedure you are having a couple of months ago and she did fantastic and she feels so much better!!! The whole stake is praying for you two. We are just across the street - it doesn't matter what time of day or night. Love you guys. Peggy and Marty Estrada

    ReplyDelete