Dad’s siblings were over this evening for his birthday party. We thought he might not have enough energy, but after we got his hair buzzed off and then had him sitting in his chair, the siblings started showing up. It’s amazing how much energy and happiness family can bring into a situation. It really has been wonderful to have them here for the last couple hours. Dad and his brothers were able to sing a couple barbershop quartet songs and hymns as we video taped, took pictures, and recorded for CD purposes. It was very emotional and uplifting at the same time. His gifts consisted of tons of BYU stuff! He even got a BYU fake afro, dyed BYU blue, BYU pillow case, shirt, pens and more. Mom is still lying on the couch but hopefully the doctor’s appointment tomorrow will be helpful.
Love you all and thank you for all your prayers!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We absolutely love the blue hair! Love you guys and keeping your family in our prayers. Peggy and Marty Estrada
ReplyDeleteOkay--that blue wig is definitely NOT BYU standard! =) But, the smile below it is GREAT--
ReplyDeleteI always loved listening to "the boys" sing...I didn't get to Utah 'til after Lane was gone, and for some reason I rarely saw Quinn those first two years, but I clearly remember Van and Bill singing together...those are great memories. Spending time with my cousins and their families always shored up my spirits, and I've always been grateful for the Family Get-Togethers that I was blessed to attend.
I hope you manage to post some more birthday pictures on here--it'd be fun to see everyone together.
GREAT JOB, GIRLS, on the blog--you're doin' your mom proud!
Hugs as always,
Libby
I loved hearing my dad and uncles all singing songs from their era in barber shop fashion. Some of my favorites are "Just a nickel piece of candy..." "The fox went out on a windy night" and "You are my sunshine". Someone always picked out a tune on the guitar and they all had beautiful voices. (They're all still alive, just haven't sung in years.) Hearing about "the boys" singing....I can clearly hear it in my mind. Those will be some neat CDs to have, no matter what the outcome of this ordeal. Glad you all had a great night.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, President Heder!!! May there be many more to celebrate!