Today, I stayed in bed to keep my heart calm. The Doctor gave me medicine to help my heart not race but it lowers my blood pressure so I’m dizzy and my eyes are blurry. So I can’t drive at this time. Van’s sister came and picked him up today to take him to the hospital for his first spinal tap chemotherapy. He was a little nervous but found it was just very uncomfortable. He slept four hours and can’t move very fast and prefers to lay flat. He was able to escape the spinal headache this time. He will continue with this process every week until his transplant. We are hoping to find out if he had any leukemia in his spinal fluid by next week.
My Dad will drive Van in for testing tomorrow to see if he needs a blood transfusion. He is trying not to get a transfusion because when you get other people’s blood, it has iron in it that will collect in your system which won’t be good for you in the long run. It looks like testing and procedures will be at least 2 times a week from here on out. As of February 1st the 8th floor will be remodeled for an outpatient clinic right across from the in-patient clinic. That’s one thing to look forward to.
By the way, Megan turned 16 and got her driver’s license this week so she can now be our errand girl. It’s going to take a lot of pressure off of us. Happy Days!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN, MEGAN! I remember how excited I was to drive, and then how quickly I was tired of driving because of all the errands. On the other hand, my mom's need for errands wasn't NEARLY as important as YOUR mom's, so hopefully the excitement of driving will last into the summer for you!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that Van survived the treatment with minimal side effects...and sorry to hear that your heart is still bothering you so much, Wendy.
Always in our prayers,
Libby
Happy Birthday to both Megan and Van. I miss my Megan. I was thinking it was her birthday soon. I may have to bring her something special. She is so amazing! I hope you know we love you guys! You are in our prayers everyday.
ReplyDelete