Monday, June 7, 2010

Father's Day Gift List

Today the ventilator is doing most of the work for Van. He’s on a pain drip now. He was able to communicate this morning and then this evening. He is even watching a “Chuck Norris” movie tonight that a nurse loaned to us.

Tomorrow we will get a bone marrow biopsy. In 24-48 hours afterwards we will know if Van is engrafting with the new stem cells. Tomorrow is day 25 since our stem cell transplant. Normally people engraft in between 25-55 days but with a biopsy they can see if things are happening early.

Last night Van’s brother came to sit with him through the night and they talked a lot about the Cabela’s Father’s Day ad. Our kids brought it to him and said he should pick out his Father’s Day gift. With his brother’s help of translating he picked out his top six gifts and numbered them in order. I was so excited when he told me he wanted a BBQ grill for Father’s Day. Ours keeps breaking down and hasn’t worked for a year. Even though he can’t talk he is still thinking of his family.

Thanks for all the fasting and prayers. Our family feels your strength and love.

10 comments:

  1. I miss seeing the #1 fan of my organ playing...you may just indeed be the only fan I have; however, I miss your kind comments and the way in which you lift my spirits when you pat me on the back after I have played for a meeting. I thought of you and Sister Heder as I was playing the organ in the temple the other day...I was playing Hymn 114 "Come Unto Him" and immediately knew deep inside that the Lord was very aware of you both and your situation. I was comforted by this wonderful spiritual manifestation, and I hope you'll read the wonderful words of that hymn and will too be impressed as I was. I send my love and sincere best wishes to you both. Steve Shinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. President and Sister Heder, I think of you often and pray for you regularly. You are giving new meaning to the words, 'enduring gracefully'. Thank you for being such a wonderful example of faithful, determined endurance. What a wonderful legacy you have and are creating. There is no question that God is aware and hears the prayers that are being offered up in your behalf. Our hearts are tender toward you and hope you feel our love, even if it is 'from afar'.

    Brendon Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Van, Wendy and Kids,
    I want you to know that our family has you in our thoughts and prayers. May God continue to bless you and know that we love you.

    The Wardle Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Thank you for sharing your faithful testimony and experiences with us on your blog. I am touched by your strong spirits every time I read. You are both wonderful examples to all of those who know you. Thank you for strengthening my testimony through your faithfulness.

    Bret and Laura Nicholson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy and Van, our family is praying for you and your family as well. We love you very much. Thank you for this blog. You are blessing so many lives as we are able to peek at what your are experiencing and to feel of your strength and faith. Sterile hugs are sent to you both through the airwaves!

    Ronna and Brent Larsen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Van and Wendy, Our prayers are with you and your family. What a strength and example you have both been to us throughout the years. We love you.

    Kyle and Paula Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love you and are constantly thinking of you. What a great gift President Heder has been to all of us. You and President always tried your best to live by faith and as examples. You and your family are in our prayers.

    Snyder Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if you remember me, I was the principal at Middle Canyon Elementary where your children attended school. Please tell them hello for me. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My prayers are with all of you. President Heder has been a stalwart example of strength, faith and determination. He will be missed greatly. May God bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heder family - I'm so sorry for your loss. You don't know me, but Brother Heder has been a teacher of my children in seminary. I have followed your blog and shared (secretly) in your sorrows and trials and joys of the past few months. I sincerely hope this does not end the blog. Brother Heder's influence in those living will not end with his life on earth. His legacy lives on. You have many who loved him.

    ReplyDelete