I had to be gone today with work so Van’s sister came to stay with him. When I returned my fabulous sister and brother-in-law brought the most wonderful surprise! Jenny Phillips (LDS singer song writer), her husband and members of her backup choir. After giving Van a blessing, they sang songs from her CD “Remember the Journey”. I know it was written about the pioneers but every song applied to us! They sang to us in our room and then went out into the hall and sang two songs to all the people that couldn’t come out of their rooms. It was so touching because the caregivers held open the door to their rooms so their family members could hear. We all were in tears, by the spirit that spoke to our hearts.
One of the songs they sang to us was “He will hold you up”. Here are the words.
Do you feel like you stand alone
Sometimes?
Do you wonder if you have the strength
Sometimes?
Just hold on
Keep holding on to the rod
Don’t give up heart
Don’t give up hope
He will sustain those
Who walk His road
Just put one step
In front of the other
And it will be enough
He will hold you up
He can feel the things inside your heart
Right now
And He’s praying you will trust His way
Even now
Just hold on
Keep holding on to the rod.
This is EXACTLY what we needed to hear tonight because Van now has three central line infections. He has a mild case of pneumonia. He is VERY VERY WEAK. The nurse has asked that we don’t have any visitors at this time. He doesn’t have an immune system and is struggling to get rid of the infections. They don’t want to risk bringing any possible germs into the room. I’m sorry but please call. He can’t talk right now but I can put the phone up to his ear to hear your voice. We love you and thank you for your faith and prayers. He will hold us up, that we know.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

(going to buy that CD right now! I LOVE Jenny Phillips!) How scary about all the infections! Keep fighting, Van! Hang in there Wendy!
ReplyDeleteDear Pres. Heder & Wendy,
ReplyDeleteYou must have a greater perspective of "enduring to the end" than ever before. I can't fathom the pain & suffering you've been through. Yet, you are pressing forward in faith. Your positive and faithful examples are reaching out to so many lives and touching us all. We all love you and pray for you! Sandi Davis