I have to tell you about another positive moment for me and maybe not so much for Van. One morning I looked on his pillow and saw some hair strands so I pinched his ¼ inch hair (the re-growth from last chemo) and it pulled right out of his head. I got so excited (you have to or you would go crazy) that I tried a new technique. Instead of using duck tape to pull out the hair, I heard you could use a lint roller.
Before, During & After Pictures
So I rolled the roller over his head ten times but he still had a few of those gray hairs that wouldn’t let go so I shaved his head. It’s better that then getting hair all over your pillow. Then I got an idea and said, “I wonder if your eyebrows will come out?” Sure enough when I rolled the lint roller over them many eyebrows came out. He made me stop because he said he wanted some hair left. They will just come out slowly. That was an exciting day.
Van is hanging on and believing in the words of Alma where he said, “Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame …” (Alma 11: 44)
Life is pretty sad right now. The Doctor’s are hoping that this will be his lowest low. He’s super weak, throws up a lot, fevers ever night, we think he has sleep apnea but will have to wait on that until later, is on lots of oxygen, can’t eat, can’t sleep very well, and has a central line infection, etc. They said by day 25 we should start to see improvement. We are on day 9 today.
He’s had two blessings in the last week and we have felt the spirit really strong. In fact, one night I prayed really hard to know what to do for my husband and within an hour the nurse and I (with the spirits help) figured out three things we could do for him which helped a lot and he was finally able to rest.



Wendy,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know our hearts are with you every day. We pray so hard for you and our thoughts are with you constantly. Hang in there!(what else can you do, right?)
We love you, Glenn and Lisa
Hang in there! You're in our prayers every day!
ReplyDeleteWell, your picture makes me feel like I have a full head of hair! My mission president was bald and had a little halo around the edges. He used to say he combed his hair with a wash cloth. Little did I know that I would do the same one day. Pres. your beard is darker than your hair. Who shaves you? Your kids are the greatest. They just dropped by some chocolate dipped strawberries and a thank you note. They are special. We pray and feel like the Lord hears. I am amazed at your faith and determination. You are an inspiration. What else can we do but have faith, trust in the Lord and be patient? It is hard though. I was thinking about the hymn Count Your Blessings. "God is over all." Yes he is. And his will is what we seek. Why did all this happen. I don't know. I do know that how your are reacting to it is refining you for the eternities. Thank you for your example. We love you. The Halladays.
ReplyDeleteWe love you Heder family. We pray for you, think of you, and have faith in the Lord's great plan for you. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThe Passeys
I can't even fathom how hard this must be on Van, and on those who love him the most. My continued prayers are with all of you for strength to endure what must be a tremendously taxing trial.
ReplyDeleteMay God bless you,
Michelle Osborn Keller
We love you guys. Please tell Bro Heder that the Seminary is always thinking of him and loves him bunches! Sis Heder, you're amazing. We love you too. Our prayers go out everyday in your behalf.
ReplyDeleteLove, About 16 students