Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's all good

We have had a wonderful week together as a family. This morning I came across this scripture in Alma 26:12. “Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.” We also have had many miracles in our lives, and we are EXPECTING more.

Thanks to everyone for your fasting and prayers. Van is getting stronger physically and emotionally. He is going to be ready for whatever comes his way. We are in a holding pattern until we find out more with regard to our donor’s blood problems.


Olivia, our daughter, will be baptized in May. We were told by our Doctor’s that Van cannot baptize her (because of the germs in the water, etc.). So we asked Bishop Fivas if there might be a young man in our ward holding the Aaronic Priesthood, who might benefit from such an experience. He asked a Priest who happens to be our Home Teacher. He is so excited and has done everything in his power to be worthy to baptize Olivia. He is 17 years old. We had him over for dinner today to get to know him better and talk about the meaning of baptism. He practiced with Olivia until they both felt comfortable. We are so excited to have this opportunity in our lives.


Also, thanks for the many anonymous acts of service. Giving anonymously makes the recipient think highly of every one. Thanks is not enough, but if it is you, just know you have been a tremendous blessing to us.

1 comment:

  1. You are in our prayers and our thoughts constantly. You continue to be a source of inspiration to us. Thank you for your example of what a true Saint is.

    ReplyDelete